What is Memory Care?
Memory Care at The Mann House is a specialized form of senior living designed to provide comprehensive support for individuals facing memory-related diseases and conditions. These conditions, often associated with aging, can include Alzheimer’s disease, dementia, and other cognitive impairments. Our dedicated Memory Care program is tailored to meet the unique needs of individuals affected by these diseases, focusing on enhancing their quality of life while ensuring their safety and well-being.
Different Types of Memory-Related Diseases
Understanding the various types of memory-related diseases is crucial for providing appropriate care and support. Here are some common conditions:
- Alzheimer’s Disease: Alzheimer’s disease is the most well-known memory-related disease. It is characterized by progressive cognitive decline, memory loss, and changes in behavior and personality. Memory Care programs like ours are designed to provide specialized care for individuals with Alzheimer’s.
- Dementia: Dementia is a broad term that encompasses various cognitive impairments. It often involves memory loss, confusion, and difficulty with everyday tasks. Our Memory Care program is equipped to support individuals with different forms of dementia, including vascular dementia and Lewy body dementia.
- Mild Cognitive Impairment (MCI): Mild Cognitive Impairment represents a stage between normal age-related cognitive decline and more severe conditions like dementia. Individuals with MCI may experience memory problems, but these do not significantly interfere with daily life. Early intervention and support can be crucial in managing MCI.
- Frontotemporal Dementia (FTD): FTD is a less common form of dementia that primarily affects the frontal and temporal lobes of the brain. It can lead to changes in behavior, personality, and language abilities. Our Memory Care program is prepared to address the unique challenges posed by FTD.
Discover Our valeo™ Memory Care Neighborhood
At The Mann House, we are proud to offer the Valeo Memory Care Neighborhood, a specialized and secure environment designed to meet the distinct needs of residents with memory-related diseases. Valeo, Latin for “to thrive” is our memory care program focusing on preserving dignity, enhancing cognitive function, and providing a comfortable and engaging atmosphere for our residents.
- Secure and Supportive Environment: The Valeo Memory Care Neighborhood is a secure and calming space where residents can move freely while being protected from potential hazards. Our staff is trained to provide gentle guidance and supervision to ensure residents’ safety and well-being.
- Person-Centered Care: We believe in providing person-centered care that respects the individuality and dignity of each resident. Our team works closely with families to understand the unique preferences, interests, and life histories of our residents, tailoring our care plans accordingly.
- Cognitive Engagement: We offer a range of activities and programs specifically designed to engage and stimulate cognitive function. These activities may include memory games, art therapy, music therapy, and more, helping residents maintain their cognitive abilities for as long as possible.
- Nutritious Dining: Proper nutrition is crucial for overall well-being. Our culinary team prepares well-balanced meals that accommodate dietary needs and preferences, ensuring that residents receive the nutrition they require.
- Supportive Staff: Our dedicated staff members receive specialized training in Memory Care and are passionate about providing compassionate and respectful care to residents. They are available 24/7 to assist with activities of daily living, medication management, and emotional support.
How Much Does Memory Care Cost?
The cost of Memory Care at The Mann House varies depending on several factors, including the level of care needed, the chosen living accommodations, and the location. Memory Care is generally more intensive and specialized than standard assisted living, which can affect pricing. However, we are committed to providing transparent pricing and working with families to find a suitable solution for their loved ones.
We understand that the financial aspect of Memory Care can be a concern for families. It’s essential to discuss pricing and payment options with our team to develop a plan that meets both the resident’s needs and the family’s budget. Additionally, some financial assistance options, such as veterans’ benefits and long-term care insurance, may be available to help offset costs.
When Is It Time for Memory Care?
Determining when it’s time to consider Memory Care for yourself or a loved one can be challenging but crucial for ensuring safety and well-being. Some signs that may indicate it’s time for Memory Care include:
- Wandering and Safety Concerns: If a loved one frequently wanders or experiences difficulty navigating their surroundings, it may be time to consider Memory Care, where secure environments are in place.
- Agitation and Behavioral Changes: Significant changes in behavior, such as aggression, agitation, or paranoia, can be challenging to manage at home and may require specialized care.
- Sundowning: Sundowning is a common phenomenon in individuals with memory-related diseases, involving increased confusion and agitation in the late afternoon or evening, making evening care particularly challenging.
- Decline in Personal Care: Difficulty with activities of daily living, such as bathing, dressing, and grooming, can signal the need for Memory Care assistance.
- Isolation and Loneliness: Individuals with memory-related diseases may become isolated or struggle to engage in social activities, leading to loneliness and depression.
It’s essential to consult with healthcare professionals and seek the guidance of Memory Care experts when making this decision. Our team at The Mann House is here to help you assess your unique situation and provide support during this challenging time.
Two Convenient Locations: Cummings and Sandy Springs, Georgia
The Mann House is proud to offer Memory Care at both our Cummings and Sandy Springs locations in Georgia, providing families with options to suit their preferences and loved ones’ needs.
Our Cummings location offers a serene and picturesque setting surrounded by nature. The Valeo Memory Care Neighborhood at this location provides a secure and tranquil environment for residents to receive specialized Memory Care services.
Sandy Springs, Georgia
Our Sandy Springs location provides a more urban setting with easy access to the vibrant city of Atlanta. The Valeo Memory Care Neighborhood here offers the same high level of care and support in a bustling yet secure environment.
At both of our locations, you’ll find the same dedication to preserving dignity, enhancing cognitive function, and providing a comfortable and engaging atmosphere for our Memory Care residents. Download our free memory care guide to learn more about what to look for when searching for a senior living community.
Download Our Free Memory Care Guide
Choosing Memory Care for yourself or a loved one is a significant decision, and we understand that you may have questions and concerns. To help you make an informed choice, we have prepared a comprehensive Memory Care guide that offers valuable information and guidance.
Download our free Memory Care guide today to learn more about what to look for when beginning your search for Memory Care services. This guide provides insights, tips, and checklists to assist you in making the best decision for your loved one’s well-being and quality of life.
At The Mann House, we are committed to providing exceptional Memory Care that ensures the safety, dignity, and comfort of our residents with memory-related diseases. Contact us today to learn more about our Memory Care program and to schedule a tour of our Cummings or Sandy Springs location. Let us be your partner in providing the highest level of care and support for your loved one on their memory care journey.