We all go through difficult decisions in our life. But if you're dealing with serious health care issues with a family member you don't have to go it alone.
For many, the absolute best alternative to living at home is an assisted, fulfilling life at The Mann House.
This is a place people come not to fade away, but to find new life in loving surroundings, with people in similar Seasons of Life. A place where their accumulated wisdom and life's experiences are recognized, admired and accentuated. It is sad and unnecessary for anyone, as they grow older, to have to leave their more active years' values, life style, beliefs, friends and attachments behind. At The Mann House this does not happen.
For it's not just your loved one's background, desires or needs that we have been trained to acknowledge and nurture, it's also their most deeply held values which help determine the course of our individual lives.
Of prime importance to us, and most probably to you, is our focus on these very important personal values, background and life's experience(s) for each of our residents. We seek to know each of our residents as thoroughly as possible to make your and their Mann House experience as positive as possible.
In an atmosphere that encourages participation in activities, we focus on sharing togetherness and quality of life. A life centered in the freedom to not be segregated away in an "institutional-like" location, but rather to be where loved ones entrusted to our care are nurtured and appreciated by a capable, professional loving staff.
We don't see our residents as "old," but simply as very special individuals at a Season in their lives where they need various levels of assistance. We have found that little things make a big difference. For one, we request and assist everyone in dressing and grooming each day, to help maintain self-respect and create a dignified home like environment for all.
We understand your plight as a loving family member, because we've been there ourselves. And because we've been doing it for over 22 years, no one knows better the kind of care your loved one needs than our founder, Charles H. Mann III, who lost his own father to Alzheimer's some seventeen (17) years ago.
Our family owned company's mission is to positively understand all dimensions of wellness and care as they apply individually to each resident. These encompass social, physical, mental, intellectual, emotional, spiritual, nutritional, community and environmental concerns. For life satisfaction, here, means a focus on the quality of daily living...every aspect from personal comfort to dining flexibility to social interaction with friends and neighbors.
Some of the specific benefits that distinguish The Mann House include:
• Unique concern for our residents' values heritage and backgrounds.
• Gracious hospitality; not just quality care, but real hands-on caring by our long-time dedicated staff.
• Secured outdoor courtyard with gazebo and gardens for fresh air and sunlight.
• Soaring cathedral ceilings and fireplaces in the expansive common areas.
• Open air courtyard garden and three screened porches overlooking densely wooded scenery.
• Beauty salon and barber shop for fine grooming.
• The enchantment of a soothing player piano for musical therapy.
• Fine dining experiences in a variety of gracious settings. Includes our famous "Silver Tray Service" to individual suites.
• All hospitality, health and personal care services, medication delivery/assistance, personal laundry and linens washed and hand ironed, all included for no extra charge.
Gracious living even extends into our elegant dining room facilities.
For a sample lunch menu, click here.